What can smartphone cameras do? Recognize faces everywhere
Off-Topic

Read the What can smartphone cameras do? Recognize faces everywhere thread within the Off-Topic forum. You can reply to this post and participate in this discussion on the AppFutura mobile app development forum.
Need to hire an app developer?
Post your project
in 5 minutes for free
This is the forum for all other mobile app development discussions. Share any mobile app development related information and participate in any existing topic. You can also start your own mobile app development related discussion.
montse

on Off-Topic Forum at Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Do yuo have thousands of friends and do not remember their names? Or maybe you just want to know who is in the room? It is said that the new iPhone 8 camera will be able to recognize faces once you enter a room. Windows Hello already offers this service, but, you know, now Apple wants to offer the same.
http://mashable.com/2017/03/07/apple-patent-face-identification

What do you guys think about it? Is it too much for our privacy?
Ready4S

Re: What can smartphone cameras do? Recognize faces everywhe

on Off-Topic Forum at Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Wow, it sounds awesome!
I have an issue, of constantly forgetting the name of the person, that I'm meeting his/her for the first time.
And it's uncomfortable to ask them, after a few minute of conversations "hey, btw, what's your name?".
When it comes to privacy... It certainly depends of your character, for me - it's fine.
Return to Off-Topic