How will advertising be in VR?

Need to hire an IT company?

Post your project

in 5 minutes for free

CMV

on Off-Topic at Jun 29, 2017 17:23

In Google's internal incubator, Area120, a team has developed an idea on how advertising could be in a Virtual Reality environment. It sounds simple, with the cube as an anchor to launch video ads. It will certainly be interesting to see creative results in VR advertisements. How will VR ads be? Any ideas? :idea:

Source: Techcrunch

Re: How will advertising be in VR?

on Off-Topic at Jul 03, 2017 09:38

Its an interesting initiative though, as Google debuted many new projects recently I wonder what VR ads might look like but to clear the air here's something that can help:
http://fortune.com/2017/06/28/google-vi ... vertising/

on Off-Topic at Jul 05, 2017 08:57

VR advertising will be a true challenge to marketers for sure!
But possibly it will have higher engagement than the usual forms so it may be worth the effort.
I imagine VR ads myself, as an NPCs you can talk to, videos shown in the virtual world screens and interactive posters on its walls - but this is my thinking in a traditional advertising way.
Possibly it will look completely different!

on Off-Topic at Jul 06, 2017 10:04

Exactly!
It will surely change whole era of advertising, the audience will probably get a virtual testing of a product without even buying the product.

on Off-Topic at Jul 10, 2017 08:58

Whoah, that's really cool!
I wonder if one day it will be possible to "taste" food thanks to VR as it will be developed to impast our taste sensations as well.
We are living in truly exciting times.

on Off-Topic at Jul 12, 2017 08:30

What are other areas where VR is changing the world we know? Here are some ideas: https://www.ready4s.com/blog/5-things-y ... l-reality/ What else would you add?

on Off-Topic at Jul 19, 2017 09:30

Thanks for the great blog!
VR would soon allow remote tours of museums for people unable to get to the building and would let estate agents give potential buyers a look at a property without them having to leave the comfort of their own home.

on Off-Topic at Jul 19, 2017 15:23

Virtual reality seeks to transport the user into a make believe world. It is a fact that shopping was the top priority behind the mass popularity of vr technology among smart phone users.

Companies prefer to give video spots on popular channels to promote their brand since visual moving ads exert greater impact in the minds of the viewers compelling them to instantly make purchase decision. Imagine viewing the same engaging advertisement using the VR headset. You will actually get to try out the product before you make the purchase decision. It is as good as paying a physical visit to shop in a retail store. Few companies are trying to imbibe this technology to push on-the-spot sale. However, there is still a long journey to cover before it gets fully implemented.

on Off-Topic at Jul 20, 2017 11:45

Wow! this sounds really exciting. This will make shopping easy and save our time.
This forum thread discusses How will advertising be in VR?. You can join the discussion by clicking on 'Post a reply'. If you are new to Off-Topic Forum, you will need to sign up and create a new account.

How will advertising be in VR? related posts on Off-Topic Forum

Reply on this threadPost a reply