WhatsApp to copy Snapchat's features
Mobile app market

Read the WhatsApp to copy Snapchat's features thread within the Mobile app market forum. You can reply to this post and participate in this discussion on the AppFutura mobile app development forum.
Need to hire an app developer?
Post your project
in 5 minutes for free
Read all mobile app market discussions. Share interesting news or participate in any mobile app market topic. You can also start your own mobile app market discussion.
Ready4S

on Mobile app market Forum at Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:10 am

Users will soon be able to add doodles, text, emoji and captions to photos and videos in WhatsApp (source: http://mashable.com/2016/10/03/whatsapp ... nJaa036kqP). It seems that these activities are quite popular among Facebook users because the company is trying hard to overtake the market of Snapchat. Will this new features in WhatsApp be used or are there unnecessary?
Ready4S

Re: WhatsApp to copy Snapchat's features

on Mobile app market Forum at Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:11 am

It seems that features which distinguished Snapchat from other apps are slowly taken over and soon we won't even associate stickers and quick video messages with this platform any more. Why? Last coule of months were full of news that this or that company is copying Snapchat functionalities. Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and most recently Twitter and India's Hike Messenger - they are all copying what was once unique for Snapchat. Do you think this company will survive on the market?
AppInventiv

on Mobile app market Forum at Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:07 am

Just to refresh the thread ! :)
Whatsapp, Facebook and Instagram already copied the features like Snapchat stories feature and is already leading in the race.
Bad year for Snap though. :cry: Let's see what happens next :?:
Ready4S

on Mobile app market Forum at Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:41 am

Honestly, in my opinion, Facebook shouldn't implement that feature in EVERYWHERE once in a time.
I don't know how about you, but I have Snapchat, Instagram and Messenger on my phone and as in Instagram Stories work really fine, that in Messenger they are completely useless. I don't see nearly anyone posting their photos and videos there.
Guess two tools doing the same thing are enough, it's not necessary to push the same feature in every place possible.
AppInventiv

on Mobile app market Forum at Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:09 am

True :D
They should come up with some different features rather than copying features of other apps :roll:
Ready4S

on Mobile app market Forum at Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:53 am

Yes, waiting for them to notice that!
Maybe some use of AR in Messenger, which in Snapchat is very limited so it could be a big success!
Especially as there are many people who have Messenger only on their app, without a whole Facebook app.
AppInventiv

on Mobile app market Forum at Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:27 pm

10 WhatsApp features you don’t know about, check this out:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/onli ... 08409.html
Ready4S

on Mobile app market Forum at Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks for that list!
Although I've known about most of the features enlisted here, activities statistics are my favorite one.
I like to know, who I am talking the most to and I liked when somewhere in the past Messenger made some kind of ranking with these data as well.
AppInventiv

on Mobile app market Forum at Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:32 am

One of the most helpful and revolutionary feature the world is talking is about to come... :)
Soon, you will be able to make instant money transfer through WhatsApp.
Check it out:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/mag ... 999275.cms
Return to Mobile app market