What platform to choose: iOS or Android?

Need to hire an IT company?

Post your project

in 5 minutes for free

on iOS Developers at Oct 14, 2016 11:52

It is a question that bothers almost any client who is going to have a mobile app built for their business. And very often even quite experienced developers are in two minds on this point. What platform is better?  What do you think?
We made an attempt to sum up some ideas on making this "impossible" decision, but still we would love to hear some fresh ideas. Please, share with us! Thanks in advance ;)

Re: What platform to choose: iOS or Android?

on iOS Developers at Oct 27, 2016 09:36

There is no clear answer as it depends on many factors. For example, check this article on AppFutura to see how the choice of platform depends on the platform audience: https://www.appfutura.com/blog/android-or-ios-which-mobile-platform-should-you-choose-for-your-app/
Christie Rodriguez

on iOS Developers at Nov 11, 2016 11:56

Its totally depends on your project specification or what kind of crowd you want.... Android could provide you more clients
Rashid

on iOS Developers at Feb 07, 2017 13:34

This is the question which is a problem for every client. They are confused to choose out of iOS and Android, as both of these platforms are good for their own features. There is no clear answer for this question.
Fluper Limited
Visit website

on iOS Developers at Feb 08, 2017 13:08

It's depend on client choice and its quite difficult to select between one of them because both platform are amazing features.
To make your decision robust Switching Between The Platform From iOS To Android

on iOS Developers at Feb 10, 2017 11:30

Really interesting article @Fluper! What do you think is more difficult: switching from iOS to Android, or the other way around?

on iOS Developers at Feb 22, 2017 10:57

There are also different aspects connected with the publication of the App in App Store/Google Play store.
There are differences in publications cost (App Store is much more expensive) and time, you need to wait to see your app published (in AppStore you need to wait a bit longer).
allianceMedia

on iOS Developers at Mar 14, 2017 14:57

Well for me before I started developing I looked at a number of factors among them how easier it was to lean and how much money I can make in that platform. I also looked at how much I needed to pay to register because I wanted something cheaper to begin with. You may also have to look at what platform has a larger Audience to ensure you app get maximum visibility. Currently I think Android has a wider reach but I think iOS is also good. Personally I have made much money in iOS and that was the easy one to lean, but this may not be the same for everyone, so just follow your instincts. Here is some info that you may also want to look at http://devcodemarket.com/blogsdetail/56
Hope that helps.

on iOS Developers at Mar 16, 2017 10:36

Thanks for sharing, interesting article!
Well I guess it depends on what you want to achieve: do you want to earn more money (iOS) or do you wanna have more people using your app (Android)? Target audience is crucial in my opinion.
skywardtechno.com

on iOS Developers at Apr 07, 2017 11:59

Before you choose between iOS and Android, you may take into consideration your target users and the special features of your apps. More specifically it’s depend on client requirements. In the current scenario, Android has the greatest platform share on the global level and it is more popular.

One of the main fact for Android apps is that developers just need to upload the app on the Google Play Store and the app will be immediately available, within few hours. While in iOS App Store, it takes more time to get the application live.

Android Operating System is updated regularly and also provides various features like open source platform supported by a wide range of mobile devices and it also capable of running much application.

Android offers various flexible features. It is easy platform for most of the programmers. They can develop several features in its applications. With the help of its robust Software Development Kit developers can easily build the apps.SDK helps minimize the cost of development and licensing.
Android Applications can be deployed in different ways .you do not have to rely on a single market to distribute your applications.
This forum thread discusses What platform to choose: iOS or Android?. You can join the discussion by clicking on 'Post a reply'. If you are new to iOS Developers Forum, you will need to sign up and create a new account.

What platform to choose: iOS or Android? related posts on iOS Developers Forum

What does ARKit 1.5 include?

by Ana Alcantud on iOS Developers

Arkit 1.5 is a tool provided by Apple to the developers to incorporate Augmented Reality into their apps and go ahead for some innovation in the iOS app development. The dynamic nature of the real world has always been a...

What are the best functional testing practices?

by Software Brothers on iOS Developers

In software development, the testing phase often gets the short rue by IT developers and managers. But still it is the only way to figure out whether an app can function properly before it's being deployed.

WhatsApp for iOS updated!

by CMV on iOS Developers

Yes its a real cool feature that other apps can be integrated and use whatsapp directly

Why APPLE FANS should NOT WORRY about less SALES ?

by ChromeInfo Technologies on iOS Developers

Apple sales have surely declined but apple surely provides one of the advanced mobile technology to its customers.
Reply on this threadPost a reply