A new feature DeviceCheck on iOS11

Need to hire an IT company?

Post your project

in 5 minutes for free

on iOS Developers at Jun 08, 2017 10:42

Apple’s new feature is called DeviceCheck and, if developers choose to use it, it will allow them to fingerprint and persistently track users’ iPhones, even if a user deletes the app or wipes their phone completely, using Apple as an intermediary.
Here's something everyone should know
http://bit.ly/2siq7bP
montse

Re: A new feature DeviceCheck on iOS11

on iOS Developers at Jun 08, 2017 13:07

This is actually bad, isn't it? I don't want any developer or company to track my movements even when I have deleted the app. You, as developers, what do you think?

on iOS Developers at Jun 09, 2017 10:57

It's unethical and will really piss of iPhone users.
People don't like apps, that are built in their systems without the possibility of easy uninstalling it - how they will react if they find out, that they are spied all the time, and they can't stop it?
Hope it's just a dumb idea that won't be applied.
montse

on iOS Developers at Jun 09, 2017 11:28

After reading the article, I realize is more like saving historic data of the app used on your phone. So for example if you use a trial of an app, it expires, you delete the app and try again (even with a new account), the app system will have saved that the phone has already enjoyed the free upgrade.

But yes, I guess this is the case explained to calm down people, but of course, it can be missused.

on iOS Developers at Jun 12, 2017 08:19

The feature has its pros and cons, both at the same time.
As it can be misused to some extent but if we need to delete any application for some point of time and don't want the data to get disappear so that when we reinstall the application and track the data to retain it, it can help.

on iOS Developers at Jun 12, 2017 10:13

Thanks for the clarification.
Well, that sounds reasonable but what if I will sell my phone to someone else...?
Let's be honest, not everyone knows how to wipe out his phone completely before selling it.
What will happen then? I wouldn't want to give some of my personal information to some strangers...

on iOS Developers at Jun 12, 2017 13:36

You have got a genuine matter of concern, but the application's data is actually linked with your Username and Password.
If the other person installs same application with his/her username and password (in short a new account) its impossible to fetch other account's data, hence its safe.
This forum thread discusses A new feature DeviceCheck on iOS11. You can join the discussion by clicking on 'Post a reply'. If you are new to iOS Developers Forum, you will need to sign up and create a new account.

A new feature DeviceCheck on iOS11 related posts on iOS Developers Forum

A new clean web design for the App Store

by montse on iOS Developers

A Journey From Objective C to Swift

by ChromeInfo Technologies on iOS Developers

AI is the future of technology

by CMV on iOS Developers

Reply on this threadPost a reply