We can follow the below mentioned tips to make the android App more efficient/better.
1) Design flexible layouts: Android devices take numerous sizes and shapes. Make sure to use layout designs that stretch their content to fit different types of screens and still look great. The best practice in this case is to follow the official design guidelines created by Google.
2) Do not clone an iOS app: Both Android and iOS have there own native UI elements. We should not clone the apps.
1. Avoid static tabs, especially at the bottom
2. No need to create an on-screen back button because android phones default have a back button at the bottom.
3) Don’t forget about offline experience as well: We should always take care about every use cases. If the User is browsing your App offline we should always show him/her a message that your are browsing the App offline.
4) Make the App intuitively simple: We should always make the user interface very simple and understanding. So that the user should not struggle while browsing the APP. We can add the welcome screens/Start up screens for better understanding of APP