Do you prefer adaptive and uniform or unique and distinct?

Need to hire an IT company?

Post your project

in 5 minutes for free

Appinventiv
Visit website

on Android Developers at Aug 02, 2017 11:39

With Android 8.0, Google is implementing something called Adaptive Icons, which allow the end-user to decide the uniform shape they want all of their installed app icons to look like. Unfortunately, with this change, apps that have uniquely-designed icons like the old Slack app and Adsense will have to be changed to work with the new system.

Do you prefer the new round and uniform or old unique and personalized application icons?

Re: Do you prefer adaptive and uniform or unique and distinc

on Android Developers at Aug 22, 2017 09:43

I guess that's a minor change that won't affect many of users - only true design freaks ;)
Honestly, I don't pay attention to the shape of my icons - I find more important the colors and the logotype that it shows, it has to be distinguished from other icons so I would not have problems with finding my app on screen.

Re: Do you prefer adaptive and uniform or unique and distinc

on Android Developers at Oct 13, 2017 11:08

We don’t prefer any specific preference for icon shape. Anything will work for us. It’s other things like the user interface, logo, and features that really matter.
Also, this is a minor move and will not affect many users except people who’re truly into designing.
This forum thread discusses Do you prefer adaptive and uniform or unique and distinct?. You can join the discussion by clicking on 'Post a reply'. If you are new to Android Developers Forum, you will need to sign up and create a new account.

Do you prefer adaptive and uniform or unique and distinct? related posts on Android Developers Forum

Do you know what advantages the Android P preview offers?

by Slashmobility on Android Developers

Daydream opens for developers

by Ready4S on Android Developers

Ecommerce SEO

by Openwave Computing Singapore Pte Ltd on Android Developers

Reply on this threadPost a reply