Do you prefer adaptive and uniform or unique and distinct?
Android App Developers

Read the Do you prefer adaptive and uniform or unique and distinct? thread within the Android App Developers forum. You can reply to this post and participate in this discussion on the AppFutura mobile app development forum.
Need to hire an app developer?
Post your project
in 5 minutes for free
This is the Android app development forum. Pick one of the following Android app development topics and participate. You can also start your own Android app development discussion.
AppInventiv

on Android App Developers Forum at Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:39 am

With Android 8.0, Google is implementing something called Adaptive Icons, which allow the end-user to decide the uniform shape they want all of their installed app icons to look like. Unfortunately, with this change, apps that have uniquely-designed icons like the old Slack app and Adsense will have to be changed to work with the new system.

Do you prefer the new round and uniform or old unique and personalized application icons?
Ready4S

Re: Do you prefer adaptive and uniform or unique and distinc

on Android App Developers Forum at Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:43 am

I guess that's a minor change that won't affect many of users - only true design freaks ;)
Honestly, I don't pay attention to the shape of my icons - I find more important the colors and the logotype that it shows, it has to be distinguished from other icons so I would not have problems with finding my app on screen.
Pedrosos101

on Android App Developers Forum at Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:57 pm

I don't pay attention to the shape of my icons. Who cares?
Applify

on Android App Developers Forum at Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 am

We don’t prefer any specific preference for icon shape. Anything will work for us. It’s other things like the user interface, logo, and features that really matter.
Also, this is a minor move and will not affect many users except people who’re truly into designing.
Return to Android App Developers