Android will delete apps from phones
Android App Developers

Read the Android will delete apps from phones thread within the Android App Developers forum. You can reply to this post and participate in this discussion on the AppFutura mobile app development forum.
Need to hire an app developer?
Post your project
in 5 minutes for free
This is the Android app development forum. Pick one of the following Android app development topics and participate. You can also start your own Android app development discussion.
montse

on Android App Developers Forum at Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 am

Beware Android mobile app developers! The new Android filters will help smartphone users keep their phones clean... and delete the apps that have not been used in quite a long time.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/19/google-play-store-my-apps-revamp/

So our recommendation is to keep always the marketing strategy active, retargeting the app and making promos and ads so people keep using you app. If not... it will be deleted.
Ready4S

Re: Android will delete apps from phones

on Android App Developers Forum at Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:30 am

I think that It is not such a good idea...
I have some apps on my phone that I use only on certain occasions - for example, app showing trains schedule.
It is a small app, not taking much space on my phone and I use it twice a year maximum.
So I don't know, it depends, how often the apps will be deleted I guess.
AppInventiv

on Android App Developers Forum at Tue May 09, 2017 2:37 pm

montse wrote:Beware Android mobile app developers! The new Android filters will help smartphone users keep their phones clean... and delete the apps that have not been used in quite a long time.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/19/google-play-store-my-apps-revamp/

So our recommendation is to keep always the marketing strategy active, retargeting the app and making promos and ads so people keep using you app. If not... it will be deleted.

Somewhere we deleted android apps as the memory for the smartphone are predefined. After any update on apps, the memory size will be decreased. In this way, lesser used apps will be deleted and it is harmful to any app development company. Before launching any Beta version of app companies should keep in mind for more downloads.
Ready4S

on Android App Developers Forum at Wed May 17, 2017 12:07 pm

I agree with you.
Although I would still feel weird, if my app will start just disappearing from my phone, without notifying me.
Hope it will be implemented wisely.
AppInventiv

on Android App Developers Forum at Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 am

Also, Google has started the broader rollout of a Play Store update that gives more control over user "My apps & games" section. Installed apps and updates are now separate, and the installed section now lets you sort by alphabetical, last updated, size... and most importantly, last used.
Ready4S

on Android App Developers Forum at Fri May 26, 2017 9:06 am

That's useful. Shows you, which apps are pointless to update as you are using them so rarely.
Did you also notice, that Google Play changed it's logo slightly?
Now it is just a triangle:
http://mashable.com/2017/05/12/google-p ... -new-logo/
AppInventiv

on Android App Developers Forum at Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:02 am

It may just be cosmetic, but the refresh of the Google Play Store app and notification icons is something still worth noting. It may not be something that ordinary people would notice, but those who have an eye for detail will probably notice that they indeed look better now.
Fluper

on Android App Developers Forum at Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:14 pm

This is similar to Google’s attempt in clearing off Play store from many mobile applications commonly termed as ‘Zombie Apps’, in an attempt to safeguard user’s mobile device from many hidden yet harmful applications that often remain inactive but obstructing other usable applications from getting recognized.
Likewise, there are apps occupying the unnecessary space in the storage device of our smart phone handset that remained inactive for considerable duration of time. Google’s new feature, ‘My apps and games’, empowers users with more organizational control. View the apps installed in separate groups organizing them by name, size, last updated and last used. That last tool allows you to target apps that are lying unused for months or years.
This new update is slowly rolling out for Android users. This feature can prove beneficial drawing your attention to the applications that have gone unnoticed and uninstall the same if you feel like doing so.
But only the future will correctly display the true outcome of this brand new update bought out by Google.
Return to Android App Developers