Android Oreo: Is it worth the upgrade?
Android App Developers

Read the Android Oreo: Is it worth the upgrade? thread within the Android App Developers forum. You can reply to this post and participate in this discussion on the AppFutura mobile app development forum.
Need to hire an app developer?
Post your project
in 5 minutes for free
This is the Android app development forum. Pick one of the following Android app development topics and participate. You can also start your own Android app development discussion.
Applify

on Android App Developers Forum at Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Everybody seemed very excited at the launch of Android Oreo. Although immediately after upgradation, lot of complaints started pouring in regarding the difficulty to connect the device to Bluetooth and further getting switched off after a while. Does it seem like a good option to update then?
https://techfactslive.com/android-oreo- ... ort/38966/
Ready4S

Re: Android Oreo: Is it worth the upgrade?

on Android App Developers Forum at Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:28 am

I myself will wait a few months before an update.
The same thing went with Windows 10: right after being released it was really bugged and not supported enough to work smoothly.
So I will update my Android device, as it will be definitely confirmed that it will work well as it was promised.
AmandeepKaur

on Android App Developers Forum at Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:54 am

If you are in the position to install Android 8.0, then I would recommend it. This is an update which finally brings an iOS-matching level of polish to Android, makes your operating system faster, smoother, more instinctive and improves battery life.
Applify

on Android App Developers Forum at Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 am

@Ready4S
We agree with you on this! Windows 10 had lots of bugs at the time of its release. It took almost a year before the OS could finally support all devices.
There are chances that Android 8 Oreo has similar issues. So, as a precaution, it’s wise to install the OS after waiting for a while.

@AmandeepKaur
Your point is valid. Android Oreo will be a lot smoother, faster, and will have more battery life. However, like Ready4S said, there are chances that the OS has some bugs. Hence, we will prefer to install the update after waiting for a while.
AppInventiv

on Android App Developers Forum at Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:56 pm

you should give some time to make it fully functional, lots of device still waiting for the update. if you want to know whether you are in list or not you can check this thread.
http://bit.ly/2yn3F1i
Ready4S

on Android App Developers Forum at Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:59 am

@Applify

Thanks for agreeing with me ;) Yes, I know that Android Oreo features sounds great - but I just don't believe that they will all work perfectly from the beginning. There are too many different Android devices.

Have anyone here already upgrades your smartphone and could share his/her thoughts?
Return to Android App Developers