Sibers is in software development business since 1998. And Sibers' mobile team, the newest team is, not surprisingly, its busiest. 2003 was when Sibers commenced its first mobile project; if memory serves correct, it was Java ME and C++ for Nokia’s Symbian “smartphone”. Remember Symbian? No? Well, you’re not alone. Anyways, that was many years ago, and platforms and standards have changed considerably. In 2009, Sibers officially formed its Mobile Development Team, covering iOS (formerly iPhone OS), Android OS and Windows Phone (formerly Windows Mobile) coding. And over the last 5+ years, we’ve launched more than 800 mobile apps for these popular platforms. In-between, we’ve even found time to make a few Bada and BlackBerry applications!PDF PortfolioWatch video
Igor Chertenkov is iOS Development Team Leader at Sibers. The company, founded in 1998 by Yuriy Bannov, is located in Akademgorodok, Novosibirsk, Russia, and employs more than 150 people. Here’s what Igor had to say about his company and the mobile world:
What does Sibers?
This raises an interesting question: are we a team of professional IT enthusiasts or are we a team of enthusiastic IT professionals? I think we’re both! Anyways, we po...
Published on Dec 18, 2015
View full interview
This is a very simple app- it needs to play mp4s, H.264, mp3, aac, and all the other most common video and audio formats. The important functions are:
1) Within a video or audio clip, set an A and B point e.g. the clip is 1 minute long, be able to set A at 14 seconds and B at 24 seconds. Set the video to loop continuously between those two points.
2) Ability to set time in between looping- i.e. when the last point is reached, the number of seconds until the video begins playing again (from 0-10 seconds)
3) Slow and fast motion- in conjunction with the A-B looping, be able to adjust the playback speed in increments of .25 from .25 to 2.0. Audio pitch should remain unchanged regardless of speed.
4) Tag system- create tags, add one or more tags to each media file for categorization e.g. salsa, bachata
5) Search functionality to filter media files on phone by tag (drop down menu), name or date
6) Support for Chromecast on the Android version and Airplay on the iOS version if feasible for the budget
7) Simple but elegant UI
Android, iOS app
The purpose of the app is to repeatedly review segments of video or audio to practice choreography, dance moves, etc
Sibers has been thoroughly professional. They listen carefully and don't waste time, and their suggestions and assumptions are very helpful. I am very happy with how my project was completed! Thank you so much!
New ways to earn from the app.
• Free version with Ads: Free app but only accessible with internet.
• 2 in-app purchases:
1. remove ads for $1,99: app still needs internet.
2. download picture for $3,99: user can download/delete pictures from device.
APP ANDOID DISPLAYING AND CONVERTING REALTIME 40 STREAMS HLS FROM WEB SITE SOURCE
Good team. Fast dev.
An iPad version is already available on the App Store under the name Whatfish, Marine Species Identification Guide. This version has been updated and need to be done from scratch again.
WhatFish is an app that help identifying marine species through pre-defined keywords with a dive logbook.
It consists in:
- A gallery of thousands pictures
- A search engine through predefined keywords and geographic location.
- An access to detailed information about the species (automatic update from wikipedia and range)
- A Logbook which allow to import photos from the App and by taking picture with the device
Sibers is the must go partner to make an app! There are simply impressive with the accuracy, the consistency and the reliability of their work. They really know their thing and they've been of a great support.
I cannot praise them enough after working with 2 different dev team on this same project, they were far more efficient and the result is more than satisfying. It seems that there is nothing they can't do. Just need to ask and they do it.
A project manager is assigned at the beginning of the project and it's mind blowing how consistent she was with the daily report and making things go smoothly. I knew everyday what was done and it's really reassuring.
There is a team in Sibers and they really give the impression that they are working together. It just works. It sounds like an obvious expectation but after 2 not so positive experience with other developpers (the ones saying they can do it all but actually can't), I can say that's a real deal!
So, a big thank you to them and can't wait to work again with them!
Oh, and also a big thank you to Marc Coll, Project Manager from AppFutura for helping me choosing the right partner. He's been following the project on a regular basis to make sure that everything was fine. It has been really appreciated and helpful!
RTSP DISPLAY INSIDE AN ANDROID APP
Top services and super fast !
This should be easy. it is a rather simple app for ios, android and wp.
The main objective of my app is to change the lock-screen picture with a different random picture at a predetermined frequency (ex. daily, hourly, at a specific time...).
All the content i.e. pictures will be provided by me and should either be integrated into the app so that no internet connection will be needed to change the lock-screen picture OR (if size is an issue) be fetched from a remote server. Please use some dummy images for this project.
The app should support multiple languages (ex. english, chinese, spanish, japanese...)
Sibers delivered what I wanted so from this perspective the colaboration was good and they are fast.
The only "hickup" I would like to mention is that no Q&A, debugging and testing was included.
I want to keep some contacts separate from my mobile phone's address book, so that they don't get uploaded to the cloud or anything like that. So it would be exactly like the iPhone's contacts, but separate data.
Good project management and communication!
This app helps frequent flyers get an airport meal without waiting in line.
After registering on AirGrub, a user can search for available restaurants by terminal or flight number. Once this is done, the user can browse restaurant menus and pre-order a meal, pay for it, schedule a pick-up time, and grab his freshly-cooked meal before or after his flight.
We are very happy with the work product and the working relationship that we have with the Sibers' developers and project managers.