The year 2008 was the birth of mobile apps. Smartphones became famous because of mobile applications that came up with great ideas. Ten years later, there are 205 billion app downloads annually, according to Statista. The number of mobile app users is increasing every day with great speed as many new innovations are taking place. These innovations are all based on the latest technologies such as Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, among others.
Let us see some interesting stats about mobile apps:
As we can see what is the importance of mobile apps, you must be wondering how large the mobile app market is?
Here is a list of all popular types of mobile apps:
What are on-demand apps solutions?
On-demand apps solutions are nothing but a mediator between end users and service providers. Using any service offered by service providers has so many stages. In previous days, users had to call and order the service, though contact numbers were not always available.
The purpose of on-demand apps is to offer an ease to the end users but also looking to increase business. There are various purposes and uses of on-demand apps. An app developer in India must have knowledge of developing on-demand apps as they are gaining popularity with a rocket speed.
Has it ever happened to you that you cannot take out time for simple tasks like buying stuff or cooking? As we live in a dynamic world, we have to adjust our work to sleep! Having a hectic life has become a status symbol in many countries like USA, India, Australia, etc.
People are spending most of the time working and traveling. As the population is expanding, cities are also expanding. It has become essential to stay ahead in the competition. But in this rush, people are unable to perform simple tasks. Hence on-demand apps are here in the service.
On-demand apps can be built on any operating system like Windows, iOS, Android, etc. Always, taking into account that Android is the most used operating system in the world. Taking the lead to Windows’ Operating System. As mentioned before, there were 2.8 million apps in Android’s Play Store during last 2017.
There are various institutes offering Android app development courses. The biggest feature of Android is that it is introduced by Google. Google, as a company, is extremely successful and has no competition in the Search Engine Industry. This itself indicates the quality Google has offered in Android.
Why is android the best platform for on-demand app development?
1. Higher Market Share - As mentioned before, Android has outpaced all its counterparts like Apple and Windows with a good margin in market share. Most of the smartphones have an Android operating system. That is the major reason, businesses serving end users on-demand basis, prefer developing on-demand apps in Android as it has a vast audience.
2. Easy Customization - If you have developed an on-demand app, you must be aware of the fact that it requires a lot of and frequent updates. This is because the requirements of end users change after each small period of time. In a comparison of iOS, Android apps offer a higher level of customization.
With this feature, businesses can easily modify their apps and complete the demand of their customers. This ultimately boosts the return on investments. Android application developers are working hard on innovating new trends in building on-demand apps.
3. State-of-the-art Features - To develop an on-demand mobile app, Maps, GPS functionality, navigation, etc. are essential. Without these features, on-demand apps cannot function. It has been observed that Android has the edge over iOS in these features.
The locations are used to locate the address of delivery so that the executive reaches the destination using Google Maps. Also, messengers enhance the communication between the company and end users.
4. Data Storage - Android has offered cross-platform support and 15GB storage capacity for free. The valuable data is stored on Google Drive. Along with Google Drive, Android has its own cloud storage which is easier to access and more viable as compared to iCloud.
As the on-demand apps deal with the customer’s data, the data generated is a form of big data and companies can handle it through Google Drive’s integration in their app.
5. Voice Assistance – Have you heard of the Google Assistant? It is nothing but a personal assistant which works on voice assistance. The user needs to say the command and the data are encrypted. All this has to be stored to offer personalization to the end user for next time. Google assistant is designed to beat Apple’s Siri.
On-demand apps are in demand these days as people do not have time for most of the things. Healthcare, beauty, cab system and food among other services into on-demand app development. Android has many features such as voice assistance, easy customization, higher market share… Which makes it the best choice for developing on-demand apps.
Find more top mobile app developers worldwide on AppFutura.