A recent study says that the total amount of smartphone users is expected to grow over 3 billion in 2020. This tremendous growth led the Mobile Application Development market to grow faster than anything else.
There are three approaches to follow when it comes to developing a mobile application as a native, a cross-platform or a hybrid approach. Despite each approach has different features and performance characteristics, all apps developed could be used on both platforms, Android and iOS.
As smartphone users are increasing, skilled businessmen are switching their business to Mobile Apps, and different people are developing their mobile applications with different approaches. If you want your application to be the best, you need to choose the native approach over hybrid or cross platforms. Before discussing the reasons, let’s see what are these three approaches?
Native Application Development
Native Application development means, developing the application using native programming languages.
Cross-Platform Application Development
Cross-Platform application is an app developed for all devices and different operating systems at once. In order to do that, developers use different tools like Xamarin or Unity to convert one application for both Android, iOS and other operating systems.
Hybrid Application Development
The hybrid approach combines the Cross-Platform and native platform approach to develop an application. Basically, it’s a cross-platform development inside the native environment. The app has a usual mobile browser interface but the elements are developed in native programming languages.
10 reasons to choose the native over hybrid or cross-platforms for Mobile Application development:
1. Productivity: If an application is developed for a certain platform and the programming language is native then it will have the maximum productivity as a Mobile Application. The services related to that app will consume less battery, and efficiently use the device’s memory. Unlike Hybrid and cross-platform, natively built applications are much more productive and easier to add or integrate new features.
2. Performance: Increased productivity means, using less system and provide better performance. Natively built Android Applications and iOS Applications are way faster than cross-platform or hybrid applications. Less memory consumption, help the processor to efficiently processing are the characteristics a native app contains and native apps doesn’t stick or break the connections at any point.
3. Offline Usability: Native applications have direct access to the system database, so it works smoothly even if a device is offline. The app stores data to the local memory to sync later on the server. Unlike hybrid or cross-platform applications, native applications ensure the highest offline usability without any system errors.
4. Speed: Native apps are way faster than hybrid apps and cross-platform apps. Better productivity and better performance makes native applications fastest and provide an efficient and realistic user experience.
5. Reliability: Natives applications are more reliable than the cross-platform or hybrid applications. These apps are available on the trusted App Store and easy to install with few fingertips. After the Meltdown and Spectre security flaws, different OS providers and Manufacturers became strict about using apps from untrusted source, i.e.: Apple prohibited installing apps without going through the App Store to prevent risks.
6. Responsiveness: There are various types of smartphones, gadgets, and tablets available on the market with so many display densities. So, making responsive applications which could fit all the available devices is difficult to implement. Native apps are more efficient than hybrid or cross-platform apps when it ensures the high-end and responsive UI design and development for mobile applications.
7. 3rd party integration: Native apps are easier to integrate third-party integration and social media API’s. And those third-party provide full support for native application development from a huge community and forums. If you want social media API integration as Facebook, Twitter or a payment system as PayPal integration on your application, you should develop with the native development approach. Because these well-known third-party companies have the best support for native environments.
8. Works well with Internet Of Things: A native application is well-connected with the Operating System and the hardware. Thus, it has the best system architecture and best support for different IOT based components. When you need to work with the sensors of smart devices via your application, you must build your application using native development approach
9. Customizable: Native application development approach is the best solution for business and enterprises application. The native development gives enormous opportunities to the developers to work with different libraries, and it’s highly customizable.
10. User Experience: Whether it’s the online app or offline support, native apps provide the best user experience. If a user is used to a stock android Operating System, he will feel uncomfortable to use a cross-platform iOS designed application. So, there are no alternatives to native apps when it comes to providing the best User Experience.
So, to cover the points we have already discussed, here are some options where you can use a native application development approach and where you can go with the different approaches:
As you are the one to make a decision to develop the most useful and efficient mobile application according to your strategy, no blogs will decide for you. In this content, we tried to explain the advantages of choosing native platform over hybrid or cross-platform for mobile application development.
If you are already gone through that, it is worth making a decision after consulting with our developers. According to above knowledge-based points and your requirements, our developers will come up with the best strategy to build your mobile application. Our Developers would understand the Application that you plan to achieve and help you to bring one into reality. A few cases study for you to understand the complexity of the Application and the solution we provided.
Find more top mobile app developers worldwide on AppFutura.